Kitchen Renovation Survival Kit
Would you like to get a kitchen that’s fully tailored to your needs, but fret about the disruptions that a renovation may cause to your routine? You use your kitchen every day and you need every aspect of its design to work for you. Plus, this upgrade will bring additional comfort and boost the potential resale value of your home.
With trustworthy kitchen addition remodelers, your home improvement project in Frisco, TX will go smoothly and successfully. Read on to find out what else you can do to get a fantastic new kitchen and enjoy the process too.
How do I cope with a kitchen remodel?
A renovation can be emotionally draining. It is a time when you have to learn how to live without certain privileges. However, although you cannot control your emotions, you can control other aspects of the remodel:
Rely on your remodelers
Hiring dependable professionals is a great choice, no matter what your specific requirements are. If you pay attention to some key factors when choosing your contractors, you’ll be on the right track from the very start. Check things like how long they’ve been in the business and whether their reviews and ratings inspire trust. Also ask to see a portfolio of their previous work.
Prepare in advance
Planning beforehand will make the whole situation much easier. Many people choose to relocate during the process while others stay at home but make a stand-in kitchen space or find creative ways to feed their families.
Although it will probably cause some inconvenience, the results of your remodeling project will be worth the extra effort. Always keep in mind the big picture – your brand new spacious kitchen where you will bond with friends and family and serve them delicious meals.
How to live without a kitchen during a renovation?
The whole makeover of your beloved space can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months. Here are a few tricks that can help you through this:
- Set up a temporary kitchen somewhere else on your property. If you already have an outdoor dining space, all the better.
- Get disposable supplies, like recyclable plates, cups, napkins, etc. This will reduce the need for dishwashing.
- Wash the dishes in an alternative setting, like in your bathroom sink or tub, or in a camping sink outdoors.
- Prepare some of your meals in advance and freeze them.
- Stock up on non-perishable food, which are safe to eat even when kept at room temperature, like canned tuna, peanut butter, and granola bars.
- As for cooking, make use of the things you have, like a camping stove, microwave, or grill.
- Visit restaurants. Not only will it bypass the lack of a kitchen, but having someone cook for you is also a welcome change.
- Go to family, friends, and neighbors for help. They’ll be glad to prepare a meal for you from time to time.
- Rent a home for the time being. Many homeowners find it the most comfortable to relocate completely until the remodel is done.
- Go all out and travel out of town. Enjoy yourself on vacation and come back home to your stunning new kitchen.
How do I find the best kitchen addition remodelers in Frisco, TX?
Spruce up the look and feel of the heart of your home with the help of a top-rated remodeling company. Here at Elite Remodeling, we’ve developed a system of services that ensure you get a modern, personalized, and highly functional new space with the least amount of stress possible.
If you live near the Frisco Heritage Center or elsewhere in Frisco, our seasoned crew of design and construction specialists is here for you. We can’t wait to roll up our sleeves and help you get the home you deserve.
We’ll manage each step of the project with diligence and precision, keeping you up-to-date with our progress as we go. Prevent costly mistakes by working with the best. Let’s breathe life into your dreams!