How to Prepare for a Home Addition
It can be difficult to know what exactly you need to do before adding an addition to your house. However, gathering as much information as possible can help you make sure everything goes smoothly.
The best way to figure out how to get ready is to consult with experts in home additions. They can explain what will happen during the process and how long it will take to expand your home in Frisco, TX or any of the surrounding areas. It’s important that you get a handle on what needs to be done before the construction starts.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss what preparing for a home addition entails. This way, when the time comes, you’ll have everything ready and won’t miss out on any of the important steps.
What should I know before adding an addition to my house?
There are several things homeowners need to know before proceeding with a home addition:
- Take into account what your priorities are on the list for your renovation. For instance, are you adding square footage to allow your family to grow and stay in your home. OR are you expanding an area of the home increase it’s functionality, eg an expansion for the kitchen.
- Keep in mind that the financial limit can be exceeded very quickly, so it’s very important to know what you want and be realistic about the budget at the very beginning. In our North Dallas market, you can expect to spend $200+ per square foot of added conditioned space. So, if you are planning to add 500sf, you should budget for a project of $100,000+. You can discuss this with your chosen contractor who can give you an estimate.
- Professionals will typically take care of any technical aspects of your desired addition. For instance, they will handle everything in the process of construction, but make sure to check if anything is needed on your part, such as providing some measurements beforehand.
- Research zoning laws and other relevant regulations in your area since you may be required to obtain certain licences for your addition. Of course, you can discuss this with your contractor too.
How do I prepare my house for an addition?
Here are a few helpful guidelines that can help you prepare your home for the upcoming project:
- Will you have to move out of the home during the addition? In some cases, yes, so have a plan for that relocation and its costs.
- Make sure that you have enough space for uninterrupted work so as to enable your builders and remodelers to proceed with their activities and stick to their schedule.
- Declutter or move some furniture before the construction work starts. You can even throw away any unnecessary items you no longer need.
- Put up some protective panels or covers to prevent dirt and dust from spreading throughout your home.
- Make sure that there is enough space in your yard or garage so that construction vehicles have room to park.
- Depending on your permits and relevant regulations, you may need to make some adjustments in your backyard. So, it’s important to consult with both professionals and seek information from the city planning department.
Where can I schedule expert service for the best home additions in Frisco, TX?
Whether you want to expand the kitchen, have decided to add a second bathroom, or want to increase the value of your home by adding a master suite, Elite Home Remodeling has a team of dedicated experts to handle your dream home addition project.
While you and your family enjoy a game at the Museum of the American Railroad, our professional remodelers will transform your home into a beautiful sanctuary.
With our expert guidance, you will be able to relax as we renovate the house according to your needs and specifications. Get in touch with us today for more details on how we can make it happen.